Beverly Hills, a city in Los Angeles County, is home to more than 34,658 Californians. The city is a popular location for Los Angeles tourists. In fact, revenue from tourism has skyrocketed over the past few years. Tens of thousands of tourists flock to the city to watch for celebrities, shop on the famed Rodeo Drive, and take advantage of a growing green space and outdoor parks. As Beverly Hills becomes more family-friendly, the city will likely see another boom in tourist activity. Beverly Hills is also home to multinational companies including Live Nation Entertainment and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Beverly Hills may be a thriving tourist destination, but those who live, work, and visit are not immune from the consequences of potential accidents. If you or someone you know has been injured in a personal injury accident in Beverly Hills our experienced personal injury attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation. Contact our office today for a free, no-commitment consultation.
Traffic Accidents in Beverly Hills, California
While a boom in tourism can be great for city revenue, it can also lead to an increase in personal injury accidents. As more cars take to Beverly Hills roads, the greater the chances of injury-causing accidents. In 2014, the last year for which data was available, drivers logged an average of 675,000 daily miles on Beverly Hills thoroughfares. 525 injury-causing accidents were reported. Motorcycles (26), pedestrians (54), and bicyclists (39) were frequently involved in these traffic accidents. Common causes of Beverly Hills traffic accidents in 2014 included speeding (80), driving at night (33), hit and runs (14), and the use of alcohol (25). Beverly Hills police executed 120 DUI arrests in 2014.
Why Should I Hire a Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorney?
If you’ve sustained an injury in a Beverly Hills accident you may be overwhelmed. At Citywide Law Group, our attorneys understand that the days and weeks following an accident can be incredibly stressful. However, the steps you take immediately following an accident will significantly affect your ability to recover compensation in the future.
At Citywide Law Group, our Beverly Hills personal injury attorneys are ready to help you navigate the complicated process of filing a personal injury claim against an at-fault party. We have nearly two decades of experience helping personal injury accident victims recover the compensation they require to fully heal after an accident.
Why should you hire an attorney? Sure, you may be able to get an at-fault party’s insurance company to agree to a low-ball settlement, but your chances of recovering the full amount you require are slim. An attorney will be able to help you maximize recovery after an accident because:
- You May Not Be Able to Dedicate the Time A Successful Claim Will Require. After an accident, you should be able to focus on your recovery. Juggling your recovery and a personal injury claim for damages can make this difficult. When you hire an attorney, we will take the reins and allow you to focus on getting better. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis so that personal injury accident victims are encouraged to seek the assistance of an attorney. Life after an accident can be difficult enough without added financial pressures. We fight. You recover. We get paid when we recover compensation for you.
- Insurance Companies Aren’t On Your Side. Insurance companies will try to take make it seem as though recovering compensation is easy. While they may be willing to agree to a small settlement, your chances of maximizing your recovery increase when you hire an experienced Beverly Hills personal injury attorney to represent you. Our attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and the tricks and tactics they often employ to reduce the amount(s) they award to accident victims. We use this knowledge to level the playing field and ensure that you are awarded the monetary compensation you require.
- You May Not Think You Have a Valuable Claim. What you believe to be a minor case of whiplash could have the ability to impede your life down the line. To be safe, you should contact an attorney even if you do not think you have a valuable claim. Our attorneys have nearly two decades of success helping accident victims recover compensation for their injuries. During your free consultation, we will review the facts and circumstances surrounding your accident, including the injuries you sustained. We may consult with experts to determine the extent of your injuries and whether they may impose any long-term consequences. Contact us today to learn about your legal options and how we can help in your time of need.
How Will a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
At Citywide Law Group, we will fight to recover the compensation you need after an accident. Whether you are injured in a traffic accident, slip and fall, or dog attack, we are here to help you in your time of need. How will an experienced attorney make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries?
At Citywide Law Group, our attorneys have established a process that has allowed us to successfully help thousands of injury victims. When you ask for our help, you can expect us to fight for you by taking the following steps.
- Getting the Facts in an Initial Free Consultation. We encourage Beverly Hills accident victims to contact us for a free consultation so that we can get a better understanding of the situation. During your consultation, we will ask you to recount the sequence of events and explain why you believe it happened. We will ask about your injuries to yourself and any personal property damage caused by the accident. This consultation allows us to determine and explain the best legal strategy for your case. We want to instill confidence in our potential clients and ensure that you will feel comfortable having us take the reigns.
- Conducting a Thorough Independent Investigation. Information is an essential part of a successful personal injury lawsuit. We leave no stone unturned as we compile and analyze information relevant to your case. Our investigation may include gathering, reviewing, analyzing police reports, photographs of the scene, and other evidence; speaking with medical professionals about your injuries; consulting with experts; and finding and interviewing witnesses.
- Negotiating With the Opposition. After we complete our investigation we will draft a compelling legal argument to persuade the at-fault party (or their insurance company) to agree to a reasonable settlement. We will not accept lowball offers – we will fight to maximize the amount of compensation you are awarded. Negotiations may require depositions, discovery, and the filing of preliminary motions with the court.
- Trying Your Case in Court. Most cases will be settled and won’t require a trial. However, if insurance companies are unwilling to agree to a fair settlement we will take the fight to court. Insurance companies know that we are experienced and respected litigators who have established a successful track record of maximizing compensation for our clients in court. We will not stop until we help you get the compensation you need after an accident.
Damages in Personal Injury Accidents
You probably have many questions after an accident. One of the questions we are commonly asked by prospective clients is about the nature of the damages that can be recovered through a personal injury claim. If you are injured in a Beverly Hills accident our attorneys can help to recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are awarded to compensate you for costs including medical expenses, personal property damage, and lost wages. Calculating economic damages is generally straightforward and often hinge on your own out-of-pocket costs or bills you receive. If you are forced to take time off from work because of your injury, you can seek compensation for your past and future lost wages.
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate you for pain and suffering, embarrassment, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of companionship, and other difficult-to-value injuries. Calculating non-economic damages is more of an art than a science and can vary significantly from one case to the next.
Experienced Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorneys
The chances of maximizing the compensation you receive will increase significantly when you hire an experienced Beverly Hills personal injury attorney. We suggest contacting an attorney as soon as possible after an accident. Insurance companies will try to intervene and offer you a lowball settlement. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner we can begin working on your case.
Our attorneys have spent the better part of the last two decades helping thousands of Los Angeles County personal injury victims recover the compensation they require after an accident. Contact our Beverly Hills office for a free consultation to ensure that your claim is not undervalued or underpaid. We will listen to your case, determine the best course of legal action, and explain the process of filing a claim for damages.