Have you been injured in an accident in Glendale, California? If so, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries from the at-fault party. The Glendale personal injury attorneys at Citywide Law Group have nearly two decades of experience helping victims of personal injury accidents recover the compensation they require to get better. Our attorneys have established a track record of success inside and outside of the courtroom and are ready to speak with you today about your case.
Glendale, a small town approximately 8 miles north of Los Angeles, is home to more than 200,000 Californians. Glendale is a thriving entertainment and shopping district in Southern California. Each year, Glendale welcomes hundreds of thousands of tourists, shoppers, travelers as they visit the Glendale Galleria and nearby attractions including Universal Studios, Verdugo Park, Los Angeles Zoo, Hollywood Sign, and the Griffith Observatory. Some of California’s most heavily traveled freeways pass through Glendale, including the Golden State Freeway, Ventura Freeway, Glendale Freeway, and Foothill Freeway. The combination of heavy commuter and tourist traffic with a small, densely populated area makes Glendale a potential hotspot for injury-causing accidents.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury claim for damages can be complicated and should be handled by an experienced attorney. At Citywide Law Group, we have developed a process that has allowed us to successfully represent thousands of injured clients over the past two decades. Our process aims to (1) educate our clients about the steps involved in pursuing compensation; (2) allow our clients to become comfortable with and trust our skilled attorneys; and (3) uncover valuable information that will be used to leverage at-fault parties and their insurers into meaningful settlement agreements.
- Initial Consultation. An initial consultation allows you, the client, to become familiar with the general concept of a personal injury lawsuit. This consultation also allows you to ask any questions you may have about the process and/or our Glendale attorneys. When we meet, we will ask questions about your accident, determine potential sources of liability, and explain your legal rights and options. This consultation requires no future commitment from you. However, should you decide to hire our skilled attorneys, we will build our investigation around the information you provide during this beginning phase.
- Investigation. Information is crucial to a successful case. Our attorneys will conduct an independent investigation to uncover facts and issues that may be helpful to your case. During the course of an investigation, our attorneys may review police reports, analyze photographs of the accident, consult with expert witnesses, find and interview eyewitnesses, and research the law. The more information we have to work with, the greater our chances of developing a nuanced and persuasive legal argument.
- Negotiation. Most personal injury cases are settled out of court. Our attorneys are experienced and skilled negotiators who understand how to use the information uncovered during an investigation to leverage the at-fault party. While we will do everything in our power to negotiate a fair and meaningful settlement, we will not agree to a low-ball offer.
- Litigation. Insurance companies in the Glendale area have come to understand that our attorneys are fierce and successful litigators. As a result, they often try to avoid stepping into the courtroom with us. However, in the event that negotiations are unsuccessful we will not hesitate to take the fight to court.
Traffic Accidents in Glendale
Glendale is unique in that it boasts a popular downtown area as well as numerous high-speed freeway interchanges. Congestion, distracted driving, and heavily traveled roads all contribute to traffic accidents in Glendale. How busy are Glendale’s roads? A report by the California Office of Traffic Safety indicates that more than 1.8 Million miles were driven on Glendale roads each day in 2014. That year, a total of 983 traffic-accident related injuries and deaths were reported. Of those incidents, 39 involved motorcyclists, 81 involved pedestrians, and 51 involved bicyclists.
Given Glendale’s popular and congested downtown area it may not be surprising that the rate of accidents involving pedestrians has been on the rise. In fact, the city of Glendale saw a sharp 400% increase in pedestrian-related injuries between 2012 and 2014. The rise in pedestrian traffic accidents has been associated with cuts to funding of safety programs, increased distracted driving, increased distracted walking, and aggressive driving. Statistics indicate that senior citizens are more likely to be the victim of a traffic accident in Glendale. There were 5 pedestrian fatalities in Glendale in 2014. Four of those victims were over the age of 70.
Steps to Take Following a Glendale Accident
Accident-causing injuries can happen for any number of reasons. Perhaps you are injured in a slip and fall at the Glendale Galleria, bitten by a loose dog at Verdugo Park, or injured in a collision at the corner of North Brand Boulevard and Goode Avenue.
Regardless of what kind of accident caused your injury, the steps you take following an accident will affect your ability to recover compensation in the future. At Citywide Law Group, we understand that the hours, days, and weeks following an injury-causing accident can be incredibly stressful. We have outlined the steps we believe you should take immediately following an accident. Following these steps – as closely as possible – will help to ensure that you maximize the compensation you receive.
- Contact the Police. Call the police and request to have an officer sent to the scene of the accident. The officer should complete a Traffic Collision Report (also known as a police report) to document the details of the incident. A Traffic Collision Report may include the names of and contact information for the parties involved; describe the time of day, weather conditions, and other relevant information specific to the incident; and even offer a preliminary assignment of fault. While a Traffic Collision Report may not be used as evidence in court, the information can be incredibly helpful to an attorney seeking compensation on your behalf.
- Seek Medical Assistance Immediately. You should consent to a medical evaluation even if you do not believe you were injured in your slip and fall or traffic accident. Having a medical professional evaluate your health can accomplish two things. First, it will ensure that there are no underlying internal injuries that may pose a risk of harm to you in the future. Second, it will document any injuries you sustain. This documentation will be invaluable to your attorney.
- Refuse to Speak With Third Parties. Insurance companies are generally assigned to negotiate settlements in personal injury accident cases. They may send out friendly faces and try to encourage you to agree to terms of a settlement that are insufficient to meet your needs. They will try to use anything you say following an accident against you if you decide to pursue compensation through a lawsuit. Do not speak with them; instead, contact an attorney to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney. Attorneys are specially trained to maximize the compensation recovered through personal injury lawsuits. We understand the legal process and the steps necessary to successfully recover compensation for our clients. Do not let the insurance companies take advantage of your lack of specialized legal knowledge. Consult with and hire an attorney to represent you. Your chances of recovering a fair and reasonable award of damages increase when you hire an attorney. At Citywide Law Group, we have spent the better part of the last two decades fighting tirelessly for injured clients just like you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Contingency Based Fees Allow Injured Clients to Focus on Recovery
Accidents are stressful. If your injuries are severe you are probably facing seemingly insurmountable medical expenses and added stress from lost wages. Most Americans do not have enough money saved away for a $500 emergency. Most costs resulting from a Glendale accident will not cost you $500, but perhaps tens of thousands of dollars. At Citywide Law Group, we understand that an accident is not only physically and emotionally draining, but financially devastating, as well. To ensure that injured accident victims do not hesitate to contact an attorney, we offer our legal services on a contingency-fee basis.
How does a contingency-fee agreement work?
You pay nothing up front. You focus on healing and getting back to your day-to-day life. We investigate, research, negotiate, and (if necessary) litigate your case. We only collect our fee when we recover compensation on your behalf. We have found that when the added financial pressure of legal fees is removed from the equation, clients tend to be more positive and recover more quickly.
Do not let the potential burden of legal fees discourage you from hiring an experienced Glendale personal injury attorney. Contact us today for a free, no-commitment consultation to learn about our attorneys and the potential for recovering the compensation you deserve.
Experienced Glendale Personal Injury Attorneys
Have you been injured in a Glendale accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. California imposes a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims for damages, so it is important to seek the assistance of an experienced Glendale personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident. While the process for recovering compensation may seem simple, it can actually be quite complicated and is best handled by a qualified attorney. Contact our Glendale office today to learn about your legal rights and how our attorneys may be able to help you during your recovery.