The number of motorcycle related accidents have increased drastically in Los Angeles, CA, over the last decade. This is understandably so because of the high level of traffic on the roads and an increased number of roadways. Many of these motorcycle accidents result in fatalities even if the biker follows all state safety protocols. Simply wearing a helmet and other protective gear including gloves, boots, pants, and jackets, can result in serious injury or death if the motorcyclist collides with a motor vehicle. Common hazards and unfavorable weather conditions can also result in serious injury for bikers and cyclists.
When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, they often suffer serious injuries including broken bones, damage to the spinal cord and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). These serious injuries can leave the motorcyclist paralyzed. The accident victim requires extensive treatment for their injuries and if the injuries cause permanent disability, then they have to face a lifetime of medical bills. In almost all these cases, the motorcyclist is unable to work and earn, and becomes a burden on their family. In such cases, it becomes imperative to contact a motorcycle accident attorney who can get you the compensation when you have been harmed due to another careless driver on the road.
A motorcycle accident attorney will ensure that the injured victim gets compensated to the fullest extent possible. Motorcycle accident attorneys also understand the laws in California and how they can hurt or help bikers. Very few states allow lane-splitting, a dangerous practice which allows motorcyclists to drive on the lane divider, and California is one of those states. In California, many automobile drivers fail to look for a lane-splitting biker, which can result in serious injury. When the automobile driver picks up speed as traffic begins to clear, they may do so without checking for someone alongside them on the lane divider. In such a case, the driver of the automobile is held responsible for their negligence.
In order to hold the automobile driver responsible for their actions and to get compensated for the damages caused by their negligence, it is important to hire a motorcycle accident attorney. Some of the key reasons to contact a motorcycle accident injury attorney are listed below:
- The motorcycle accident attorney will help build your confidence which may have shattered after you were involved in the motorcycle accident.
- The motorcycle accident lawyer will not criticize you if you were not wearing a helmet. Although the state of California requires motorcyclists and their passengers to wear a safety helmet, an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can still build a strong case.
- An experienced accident attorney has the skills and knowledge required to deal with complex injury cases. The lawyer will also be able to tell you how much you can expect to get for your settlement. He or she will know exactly how much your case is worth.
- The motorcycle accident attorney will know how to gather evidence in your case. They will either do all the legwork themselves, or they will have someone do it for them, such as obtaining police reports, collecting evidence, gathering medical records and so on.
- The accident lawyer will also know how to negotiate with the insurance company. Never talk to the other party’s insurance provider without a lawyer. Let the lawyer do the negotiation for you.
- An experienced lawyer will explain the entire process to you in detail so you know what to expect.
- The attorney will also give you advice on what to do and the things to avoid.
- An experienced attorney will not be afraid to go to trial. He or she would understand exactly what the case is worth and will not settle for anything less.
When you hire a motorcycle accident attorney to handle your case, it takes all the burden off your shoulders. It will not only let you focus on your health and recovery, but it will allow you to focus on other important aspects of your life too. Don’t take a motorcycle accident lightly. Act now and contact an attorney right away!